Saturday, July 16, 2011

“A child becomes an adult when he realizes that he has a right not only to be right but also to be wrong.”-Thomas S. Szasz

I would just like to say that i have the most amazing family out!
Well this week is my last week of being seventeen, and although i have already celebrated my 18th with my Dad and his side of the family. it was a nice little family function that included two of my closest and longest lasting friends.
A lot of people associate being 18 with adulthood, i guess that's because legally you are an adult, at the point of me being 18 to my dads family i was given two pieces of advice:
NEVER mix port and lemonade
and
Harden up your backbone, you will be an amazing woman if you stop letting the world walk all over you, you're too kind.

The first piece of advice isn't going to make any sense unless i try it, but I'm not game because that sounds like a nasty combination , the second piece makes complete sense, i think. Sometimes i wish i was braver and could say no, but i don't like conflict all that much. But really if i don't start to use my voice I'm pretty sure I'm not going to do the things i want to do, because someone or something will hold me back.
I want to be able to go to university and study journalism, as soon as I'm finished my degree I'm going to travel the world, and blog about all the things i see and do, i want to look at art for hours on end, take photographs of amazing places and people. I want to be able to say I'm 25 and blogging my way around the world, i also want to have an amazing collection of shoes, one pair of which must be Jimmy Choo's by the time I'm 30.

So in this last week of being Seventeen I'm going to get what i want, smash my exams, hopefully rid myself of this cold and party with my friends and family.

2 comments:

  1. Lucky we wear the same size shoe....so that I can borrow those Jimmy Choos..... ;-)

    Cant wait for Saturday! Partay over heaaarrrrr!!

    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post gorgeous girl and it was a great party.

    As for hardening up your backbone, don't worry too much just learn to be diplomatic and that way you can always find a way to deal with conflict without letting people walk over you.

    ReplyDelete